Who are we
Gerald & Denise Montpetit are the founders and creators of Cat.Chat Productions Inc. They have five children who are actively involved in the ministry.
They operate as a family owned ministry/business under the guidance of their local Bishop.
With a creative and talented team of graphic and web designers, illustrators, writers, compilers, editors, producers, musicians and singers, Cat.Chat strives for excellence in every aspect of the ministry.
Celebrating their 18th year of operation in 2019, Cat.Chat has created a bank of Catholic music and resources that have proven to be ‘classics’ for families, schools and churches.
Providing a Need
We have all come across many religious educators, parents and grandparents who have expressed how they wish they could find solid Catholic resources, CDs and DVDs that were professionally done and fun for kids. As parents and educators, The Montpetit’s also experienced the same desire to find great Catholic resources for kids that would catechize and captivate their young listening audience.
There is an overwhelming amount of top-quality Protestant resources available for kids, but they are evidently missing the essential teachings and treasures of the Catholic Faith.
As a couple, Gerald & Denise started praying and asking the Lord how they as couple could possibly help fill this need. The Holy Spirit began to inspire them with exciting ideas to help get the vision for Cat.Chat started. Scriptures, Church teachings, and letters (encyclicals) written by the Holy Father were also calling them to move forward:
- “This is no time to be ashamed of the Gospel. It is the time to preach it from the rooftops. Do not be afraid to break out of comfortable and routine modes of living in order to take up the challenge of making Christ known in the modern metropolis. ".John Paul II
- A response to the call of Pope John Paul II, for a "new evangelization" in our times.
- Jesus calls his disciples to "Proclaim the Good News to all creation" (Matthew 28:18-19)
- To foster a culture where religious vocations can be encouraged.
- The Church's primary and universal mission to evangelize (Evangelii Nuntiandi, #14).
To see kids and families experience Jesus thru the beauty and richness of the Catholic faith in a fun
and faith-filled way.
Their resources and concert presentations are aimed for families and kids pre-kindergarten to grade 5.
Most parents and educators are also blessed from hearing the simple and dynamic message that was
designed for kids.