Theme: Explore the Sacrament of the Eucharist
Virtue: Gratitude (an attitude of thankfulness; showing appreciation)
MINI MASS KIT
Going to Mass and celebrating the sacrament of the Eucharist is such a special gift. This Mini Mass Kit will give you a hands-on experience to explore a little more about this beautiful sacrament. You can take this Mass kit home with you to learn about some of the special things that are used on the altar at Mass.
- Small wooden box (1/child)
- Assortment of wooden circles (2-3/child)
- Wooden cross (1/child)
- Yellow or white birthday candles (2/child)
- White molding clay
- White fabric or plastic tablecloth (6”x6” square/child)
- Small plastic cup (1/child)
- Mini Mass Kit cards (1/child)
- (Opt.) Gold paint and paintbrushes
- Cut the tablecloth into 6x6 inch squares.
- Use the clay to make holders for the candles and the cross.
- Draw a cross on the small hosts.
- Put all the items inside the box and you can play with your Mini Mass Kit at home.
Optional: Paint the box (altar) and the larger wooden circle (paten) with gold paint.
MY MASS CARDS
When we go to Mass, it’s important to prepare our hearts and listen to what Jesus wants to say to us. These Mass Cards will help us learn more about the beautiful sacrament of the Eucharist.
- My Mass Cards (1/child)
- Book ring (1/ child)
- Colored markers
- Hole puncher
- Print the cards on white cardstock.
- Cut and hole punch the cards.
- Attach the cards with a book ring.
- Color your Mass Cards and write your name on the front.
- Bring them with you the next time you go to Mass.
These cards are a great coloring activity to have on hand when the kids have completed their main craft.
Today at VBS, we are exploring the Sacrament of the Eucharist. At Mass, the bread and the wine actually become the Body and Blood of Jesus. It’s an amazing miracle that happens at every mass. This Marvelous Mobile craft can remind us of the gift of Jesus in the Eucharist.
Ages: 4-7 year olds
- Jesus in the Eucharist Mobile (1/child)
- Crayons or markers
- Hole punch and scissors
- Pre-cut and hole punch the mobile pieces.
- Cut string of varying lengths up to 8” pieces. (4/child)
- Color the image of Jesus and write your name on the back.
- Choose and color four mobile pieces. Leaders can tie the strings to assemble the Marvelous Mobile.
HOLY COMMUNION BANNERS
Many churches display beautiful banners of the Eucharist. These Holy Communion Banners can help remind us of the great gift of the Eucharist.
- Holy Communion Banner Craft Kit
- Glue (Glue Dots or hot glue work best.)
- Permanent markers
- Write your name at the top of the banner.
- Add glue to the back of the felt pieces and decorate your banner.
Display the banners in the church or send them home with the kids.
Our priests do so much for our parish and for our community. They bring us the greatest gift of all: Jesus in the Eucharist! We need to remember to thank our priests!
- Priest Posters (1 set/group)
- Markers and tape
- Poster board (1/group)
- Print the Priest Posters.
- Choose a picture to color in small groups.
- Write your names on the pictures and tape them to the poster board.
Find a time to present the posters to your parish priest during the VBS week.
Talk to the faith leader before choosing this craft as this is also an optional activity in the faith station.