Theme: Explore the Sacraments of Matrimony and Holy Orders
Virtue: Hope (to expect something good will happen; a confident expectation of good things to come)
LIGHT OF CHRIST LANTERNS
Jesus is calling each of us to be a bright light in the world. He wants us to help bring hope to others! We are all called to shine the light of Christ wherever we go. These lanterns make for a great night light on your bedside table.
Ages: 7 and up
- Small plastic bucket with handle (1/child)
- Battery operated tea light (1/child)
- Clear glue (Mod Podge works best)
- Craft tissue paper
- Scissors and markers
- Paintbrushes (1/child)
- Light of Christ logos (1/child)
- Cut the tissue paper into small squares.
- Print the Light of Christ logos.
- Color your Light of Christ logo.
- Use a paintbrush to apply glue on your lantern.
- Stick on the pieces of tissue paper and the Light of Christ logo.
- Brush the lantern with a thin layer of glue.
- Insert your candle and set it aside to dry.
GROWING UP TO BE SAINTS
We are all growing in our faith and learning to discover God’s plan and purpose for our life. When you’re much older, God may call some of you to be a husband or a wife in the sacrament of Marriage. Or perhaps, God may call some of you boys to the priesthood or some of you girls to be religious sisters. This cool craft will remind us that God wants all of us to grow up to become saints.
- Clear plastic cup (1/child)
- Potting soil and grass seed
- Googly eyes (2/child)
- Glue Dots or double-sided tape
- Washable and markers
- Growing Up To Be Saints clipart
- Print the clipart and cut out the shapes.
- Color the clipart (mouth, feet, bow-tie or priest collar).
- Tape or glue the googly eyes and the clipart on your cup.
- Fill 3/4 of the cup with dirt and sprinkle the seeds on top.
- Cover the seeds with a thin layer of dirt and water it when you get home.
VBS PHOTO FRAMES
This VBS Photo Frame will be a reminder for us to pray for all the friends we met at our Cat.Chat Wilderness Adventure through the Sacraments VBS!
- 4 x 6 foam or wooden picture frame or Printable VBS Photo Frame (1/child)
- Group photo (1/child)
- Foam letters, shapes, stickers, etc.
- Take a photo of the VBS group early in the week and print one for each child. Discuss with the VBS Director if group photos can be taken on Day 1 or 2.
- Add the group photo to the frame.
- Decorate and color your VBS Photo Frame!
- Write your name on the front of the frame.
- Ask everyone in your group to sign the back of your photo frame.