Daily Faith Lesson Outline
OPENING PRAYER AND BIBLE VERSE - 5 MIN
THEME INTRO AND TEACHING - 10 MIN
FAITH ACTIVITIES - 10 MIN
- Small table and white table cloth
- Bible, crucifix, candles, images, statues, etc.
- Faith Station poster
- Bible Verse posters
- Sacrament posters
- Wilderness Adventure VBS saint posters and saint cards
- (Opt.) TV, projector (or laptop computer) to watch the Bible Verse Videos
Daily To Do List
- Set out new items on the prayer table. (images, statues, rosary, etc.)
- Print out the Bible Verse poster.
- Put up the saint poster.
- Stream or download the Bible Verse video.
- Give the group leaders the saint cards to distribute at the end of the day.
When the kids walk into the faith station, you want them to recognize that they are entering a prayerful space. Set the mood by playing soft instrumental music in the background. Cover any windows or areas that might be distracting. Drape the walls with green paper and hang leaves from the ceiling to make it feel like they are in the wilderness.
Set up a prayer table as the focal point of your faith station and cover it with a white table cloth. Make sure it’s low enough so that the young kids can see what’s on the table. Place a crucifix, rosary, and candle on the prayer table, along with any pictures of Mary or the angels and saints. You can also put plants, flowers, pinecones and other things from God’s creation.
Find various items that relate to the sacraments and gradually add them throughout the week.