Theme: Explore the Sacrament of the Eucharist
Virtue: Gratitude (an attitude of thankfulness; showing appreciation)
DRESSED IN YOUR SUNDAY BEST
Whenever we go to Mass, we try to dress up extra special because we are going to meet Jesus, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! In this game, we’ll get to see how we look all dressed up in our Sunday best!
- Box (1/team)
- Oversized dress-up clothes (2 items/player) (Ex. Suit jackets, scarves, sweaters, ties, shoes, pants, long skirts, shirts, vests, etc.)
- Place each team’s box of dress up clothes on a finish line.
- Get into equal teams and line up on the start line.
- When the leader says GO, the first person from each team will run and put on one piece of clothing from their team box.
- The first players will run back to their team wearing their item.
- The next player from each team will go and do the same.
- Every player will have to run through twice until all the clothing items are used.
- The first team to be Dressed in Your Sunday Best wins.
Part Two of this game:
Make sure everyone keeps their “Sunday Best” items on. On the signal GO, the first players from each team run to their box and puts one item back in the box. The next player on each team, must repeat what the first player did. The game continues until all the items of clothing are back in the box.
WILDERNESS SCAVENGER HUNT
We often don’t take the time to see the natural beauty all around us in the wilderness. From the smallest blade of grass and the leaves on the trees, to the little ants crawling on the ground and the butterflies fluttering around. May we remember to glorify God in all his creation!
- Wilderness Scavenger Hunt (1/team)
- Each team will receive a scavenger hunt list. See how many items you can find in 5 minutes.
- When you hear the whistle, gather back and show the leader your wilderness items.
THE MASS SCAVENGER HUNT
We are going to play a game called “The Mass Scavenger Hunt.” You will try to find hidden pictures that make us think about the Mass and Jesus in the Eucharist.
Ages: 4-6 year olds
- Hide all your picture cards in the games area.
- There are pictures hidden throughout the games area.
- On the signal GO, begin hunting for the pictures. You will have 3 minutes to find as many pictures as you can. Ask the kids (or leaders) to hide the pictures for the next group. Kids love finding creative places to hide the pictures.
THE MASS RELAY
During the Mass, there is a time called the Offertory, when the gifts of bread and wine are brought to the altar. In this game, the piece of bread and the cup will remind us of the offerings we bring to God when we celebrate the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
- Serving tray (1/team)
- Plastic cup (1/team)
- Bread (1 piece/team)
- Place a piece of bread and a cup on a serving tray for each team.
- Determine a start and finish line.
Get into equal teams. The first person from each team will hold the tray.
The first player will carefully walk to the other end of the playing area and back, then pass the tray to the next player in line.
The goal is to be the first team to have all their players bring up the gifts.
We can have fun learning about the sacrament of the Eucharist while playing The Mass Trivia.
Ages: 7 and up
- Print out the Trivia Questions and cut out the ABC letters.
- Place the letters at the opposite side of the room across from each team.
- Get into equal teams.
- The leader will call out a question. The answer will either be A, B, or C.
- The first player from each team will run to the other side of the playing area, grab the correct letter, and run back to their team. If you don’t know the answer, you can discuss it as a team.
- Your team gets a point if the player grabbed the correct letter.
- The winning team is the one with the most points at the end of the game.