Games Leader and Team Responsibilities
Prior to VBS:
- Read through this guide and select your daily games.
- Adapt any activities to best meet the age and size of your groups.
- Download and print the files you need for the games you’ve selected.
- Write down any questions you may have to ask the VBS director.
- Determine who will be purchasing all the necessary supplies for your station.
- Help recruit volunteers to be a part of your team.
- Attend the VBS training session and review the games with your team.
- Set up your station: decorate and plan your space.
- Be sure to consider the amount of space required for each game.
Each day at VBS:
- Pray for the kids and leaders and lift up each day to God.
- Set up all necessary supplies for your games.
- Attend the opening assembly. Welcome the children, pray and sing along.
- Have fun and smile: it’s contagious.
- Direct the children through your station and share the theme connection for each game.
- Encourage the children to clean up your station before they move on to the next one.
- Attend the closing assembly.
- Take photos of the fun times at your station and share them with the director.