- Read through each of the leader guides so you have a good understanding of the daily lesson plans and activities at each station. This will also help you determine who to consider asking to be your main station leaders.
- If you haven't yet, be sure to give the online password information to your station leaders.
- Make any necessary changes to the program in order to best suit your VBS needs.
- Request that all kids be dropped off on time every day so the program can begin on schedule.
- Ask parents to send a backpack and waterbottle with their child. You can specify this in your letter/email to parents. (download sample letter)
- Give the children and leaders a five minute signal before the station changer so they can begin to prepare to move to the next station.
- On Friday, consider shortening the stations if you choose to end the day with Mass and/or the Wilderness Party.
- Give Wilderness Cards as a reward for great behavior, winning a game, answering questions, participating in activities, cleaning up, etc. The children can redeem Wilderness Cards for prizes on the last day.
- Relax, have fun, and don’t forget to smile!
- At the end of each day, hand out the Parent/Child Take Home Sheets. Download the word doc. files and make any necessary text changes. This is a great way for parents to connect with their children’s experience of your Cat.Chat Wilderness Adventure VBS.
- Order the Take Home Digital Resource Package for your VBS families. Kids and families will have unlimited online access to all the VBS music, action songs, Bible Verse videos, printable activities and more.
Cat.Chat is not responsible for any injury or accident that may occur during any of our suggested activities, snacks, crafts or games.