Team Roles and Responsibilities
Assistant Program Director
- Share responsibilities with the director.
- Handle all incoming registration fees and donations. Check with your parish about setting up a separate checking account.
- Write reimbursement checks or send e-transfers and keep track of the budget.
- Please refer to each leader guide for a list of specific roles and responsibilities.
- Prep and distribute name tags for leaders and participants. (download name tags)
- Set up a registration table for parents/guardians to sign in their kids.
- Print Sign-in/Sign-out sheets. (download)
- Direct kids to their group leaders.
- Play VBS music or action song videos while the kids arrive each day.
- Lead the group of children from the opening assembly to their stations.
- Assist the children at each station.
- Participate in the action songs.
- Keep track of the kids’ personal belongings.
- (Opt.) Dress up as wilderness guides. (hiking boots, plaid shirt, vest, hat, etc.)
- Print and distribute the skit scripts.
- Gather all costumes and props.
- Practice the daily skits with your team.
- Perform skits at the Opening Assembly.
- Assist the director with any computer related issues (registration database, sound and video tech support, etc.)
- Take a group photo of all the leaders and participants on the first day.
- Take photos and videos during the week.
- Make a video to play on the last day at the Wilderness Party and post it online for the families to watch at home.
- Check with station leaders to see if they require extra supplies, water, snacks, etc. Bring the station leaders a snack halfway through the morning.
- Ring the bell to signal the station rotation.
- Help with last minute details.
- Provide childcare for the volunteer’s pre-school children.
- Prepare activities and snacks for children.