Theme: Explore the Sacraments of Matrimony and Holy Orders
Virtue: Hope (to expect something good will happen; a confident expectation of good things to come)
“STICKING TOGETHER” S’MORES
A marriage takes three people to be successful: a man, a woman, and God. With our Sticking Together S’mores, the graham crackers represent the man and the woman, the marshmallow crème represents God who sticks the married couple together, and the chocolate is their sweet love for each other. No one can keep a marriage together and make it sweeter than God can!
- Graham crackers (2/child)
- Chocolate frosting
- Marshmallow crème
- Plastic knives and plates
- Spread chocolate on one of your graham crackers.
- Put marshmallow crème on the other cracker.
- Stick them together and enjoy.
The kids can make another one, if there’s “S’more!”left over.
FISHING ROD NIBBLES
Jesus calls us all to be Fishers of Men and bring souls to Christ. Think of the fishing rod as a way of casting for souls to bring to Jesus. Priests have a special mission of bringing people to Jesus through the sacraments. A married couple also has the special responsibility of bringing their children to Jesus.
- Large, thick pretzel stick or breadstick (2/child)
- Pull n’ Peel red licorice (2/child)
- Gummy worms or Blue Whales (2/child)
- Tie a gummy worm on the end of the licorice.
- Wrap the other end of the licorice around the top of the pretzel stick.
- Have fun eating your Fishing Rod Nibbles.
No camping adventure is complete without hotdogs and marshmallows!
Great for small groups:
- Hotdogs (1/child)
- Hotdog buns (1/child)
- Barbeque or firepit
- Set up the barbeque or firepit to roast hotdogs and marshmallows.
- Ask a leader or group guide to help you roast hotdogs and marshmallows.
As kids are enjoying their Camping Cookout, ask them to take turns sharing their favorite wilderness camping adventure stories.