- Mini marshmallows (1/child)
- Straws (1/child)
- Make a start and a finish line.
- Using a straw, try and blow your marshmallow all the way to the finish line.
- The first person to make it to the end wins.
WILD WILDERNESS SOUNDS
Ages: 4-6 year olds
- Ask the kids to create their own sounds for each of the following things found in the wilderness. Ex. “On the count of 3, I want you all to make the sound of a grizzly bear, 1,2,3...”:
- Grizzly bear
- Wolf or coyote
- Duck in the pond
- Fish in the stream
- Crackling campfire
- Zipping up a tent
- Eating a hot dog
Ages: 7 and up
- Oreo cookies (1/child)
- Get down on your knees and place a cookie on your forehead.
- The goal is to move the cookie from your forehead into your mouth without using your hands.
- If the cookie falls, just pick it up and restart by placing it back on your forehead.
PACKING FOR A WILDERNESS ADVENTURE
Ages: 7 and up
- The first person will think of a wilderness item that starts with the letter A.
- For example: I’m going on a wilderness adventure and I’m going to bring an apple.
- The next person has to think of something that starts with the letter B and repeats: I’m going on a wilderness adventure and I’m going to bring an apple and a boat.
- The third person continues the pattern repeating the A item, the B item and thinks of a wilderness item that begins with the letter C such as a compass or camera.
- If time allows, try and go all the way until the letter “Z.”
A: Air mattress, apple
B: Bible, book, bathing suit, bowls, blanket
C: Compass, coffee, can opener, candy, canoe
D: Diary, dish soap, dog
E: Eggs, extra clothes
F: Fishing rod, flash light, first-aid kit
G: Games, gum, garbage bags
H: Hot Dogs, hat, hiking boots
I: Insect repellent, ice box
J: Juice, journal
L: Life jacket, lantern, lotion
M: Matches, marshmallows, money
N: Net, newspaper
P: Pocket knife, pyjamas, pots n’pans
Q: Quilt, quick meals, quarters
R: Rope, rosary, roasting stick
S: Sleeping bag, sunglasses, soap, swimsuit
T: Tent, tools, tissue paper, tackle box
U: Underwear, utensils
V: Vitamins, video camera
W: Water, whistle, watch, wallet, wood
X: “Xtra” food
Y: Yo-yo, yogurt