Who are we
Gerald & Denise Montpetit are the founders and creators of Cat.Chat Productions Inc. They have five children and some are still actively involved in the ministry.
They founded Cat.Chat Productions, short for Catholic Chat, in 2001 and continue to operate as an incorporated company in the diocese of Saskatoon, SK, under the guidance of their local Bishop.
To see kids and families experience Jesus thru the beauty and richness of the Catholic faith in a fun
and faith-filled way.
What we do
With a creative and talented team of graphic and web designers, illustrators, writers, compilers, editors, producers, musicians and singers, Cat.Chat strives for excellence in every aspect of the ministry to make the faith come alive for kids, pre-kindergarten to grade 5.
Since it's beginnings in 2001, Cat.Chat has created 6 increasingly popular Catholic VBS programs, 9 CDs of catchy and inspiring music including 6 captivating audio dramas, DVD's and other programs/resources that have had an enormous impact on families, schools and churches across North America including Australia, New Zealand, Signapore, Philippines and Germany.
The Cat.Chat TV series continues to air around the globe on EWTN and Formed.org.
From 2005 up until 2019 the Cat.Chat family performed over 650 concerts across the USA and Canada.
The Call, back in the year 2000
There was an overwhelming amount of top-quality Protestant resources available for kids, but they are evidently missing the essential teachings and treasures of the Catholic Faith.
As a couple, Gerald & Denise started praying and asking the Lord how they as couple could possibly help fill this need. The Holy Spirit began to inspire them with exciting ideas and the beginnings of Cat.Chat began. The Scriptures, Church teachings, and letters (encyclicals) written by the Holy Father were also creating a hunger and desire in them to move forward in the New Evangelization.
- “This is no time to be ashamed of the Gospel. It is the time to preach it from the rooftops. Do not be afraid to break out of comfortable and routine modes of living in order to take up the challenge of making Christ known in the modern metropolis. ".John Paul II
- A response to the call of Pope John Paul II, for a "new evangelization" in our times.
- Jesus calls his disciples to "Proclaim the Good News to all creation" (Matthew 28:18-19)
- To foster a culture where religious vocations can be encouraged.
- The Church's primary and universal mission to evangelize (Evangelii Nuntiandi, #14).
After approaching the local bishop and sharing the vision for Cat.Chat Productions, permission was soon granted and the beginnings of this family apostalate started to take root.
(NOTE: Picture above is the Cat.Chat family on set at EWTN in 2015)
You can also watch a short documentary on the Montpetit talk about their faith journeys and the beginnings of Cat Chat.