On your wedding day, when you said your vows at the altar, there was absolutely no way of knowing what God would have in store for you and your spouse. You gave your yes recognizing that there would be both joys and hardships, but that you would weather everything with someone by your side.
Now the years have passed, and maybe it’s become harder to find the joy in marriage amidst the chaos of raising a family. Perhaps it’s been more difficult for you and your spouse to spend time together and feel connected in your relationship.
We totally understand that finding time to spend together as a couple can be a challenge, but we also know how important it is for you and your spouse to make your relationship a top priority! Your marriage is the foundation of your family, and there is no better gift you can give to your kids than for them to witness the joy of your married love. That's why we thought we might provide a few fun and simple things you can do to connect with your spouse.
5 Fun and Simple Ways to Connect with Your Spouse
1. Watch your wedding video together, or home videos from when you were young.
2. Mail a love letter to their work (or just slip one in the mailbox so your spouse will find it amongst the bills).
3. Print photos of you two together – possibly from your dating days – and put them all over the refrigerator or on your bathroom mirror.
4. Compliment your spouse via text every hour on the hour all day.
5. Plan a date night once a month. You can take turns planning what restaurant to go to or what fun activity to do.
Bonus: Go to a Marriage Conference! 😄 There are still a few spots left for the Breathe Catholic Marriage Conference! It's going to be an incredible weekend where you and your spouse can recharge, refresh and journey deeper into the sacrament.
Have fun implementing some of these ideas in your married life! Let us know some of your favorite things to do for each other in the comments below!
"The love of husband and wife is the force that welds society together.”
St. John Chrysostom