During the Christmas season, there is no better gift you can give to your kids than for them to witness the joy of your married love. While you are planning your holidays, be sure to incorporate time together as a couple. Your marriage comes first, and you can’t let the kids have all the fun. 😄
Here are a few ideas that you can use to bless your spouse this Christmas!
- Ask your spouse about some of their favorite holiday traditions growing up and see if there’s a way that you can incorporate it into your own family Christmas. Was there a favorite dessert that his mom used to make, or was there a classic movie that she always loved to watch?
- Schedule time together without the kids (that doesn’t involve running a thousand errands). Plan a date night and simply spend time together. Talk about what you want your Christmas holidays to look like and plan a few nights to relax at home.
- Write notes of encouragement and place them in a box under the tree. Your spouse can open one everyday over the Christmas holidays.
- Is there a task that your spouse really dislikes? Maybe your wife dreads wrapping gifts or your husband would rather not tackle the Christmas cards. Make it an act of love and take care of it for them.
- Gather photos of your dating, engaged and early married life and put them in a photo album. Write a memory next to each one and give it as a gift.
- Make a conscious decision to enter into the holidays with a spirit of gratitude and thanksgiving. Praise God for all his blessings, even in the midst of busyness and noise. Choose a scripture to reflect on and share it with your spouse.
- When was the last time you took the opportunity as a married couple to intentionally focus on your relationship? Give each other the gift of time and plan a weekend getaway together.
- Bonus Fun: Buy each other matching Christmas pajamas. 😄 Your kids will love seeing the playful side of your marriage.
What are some ways that you've chosen to bless your spouse over the Christmas holidays? We'd love to hear your ideas and favorite ways to connect as a married couple.